Vitamin E is a fat soluble Vitamin and also it is acts as Anti-oxidant. Vitamin E is very helpful for our skin and also treat different disease , so let’s know today some important points about Vitamin E.
Vitamin E function
- Vitamin E prevents us from UV-rays side-effects and also from Anti-ageing .
- Its act as Anti-oxidant so it is protect our skin damage caused by free radical formation ( free radical are compound found in our body when our body convert food into Energy ) .
- It act’s as Anti-oxidant that stop the production of ROS ( Reactive Oxygen species – It is highly reactive chemical molecules formed due to the electron acceptability of Oxygen ).
- Vitamin E widen the blood vessels so it’s prevents the blood clotting.
Treat some disease condition
- Atopic dermatitis ( an itchy Inflammation of the skin ).
- Fatty liver disease (accumulation of liver )
- Slowing the progression of mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.
Note : Vitamin E when taken with Vitamin C then it’s absorption increase .
Source of Vitamin E
Wheat germ oil is a richest source of Vitamin E . Wheat germ oil is extracted from the kernel of wheat germ .
- Vegetable oil : Wheat germ , sunflower , safflower , Soyabean oil .
- Nuts : Almond , Peanuts , hazelnut.
- Seed : Sunflower seeds .
- Green leafy vegetable : Spinach , Broccoli.
- Fortified breakfast Cereals , fruit juice .
Note : Vitamin E can be taken in excessive form it can’t harm but the condition is it is in natural form if it is in synthetic form then can cause disease.
Vitamin E deficiency cause
- Chronic Pancreatitis – prolonged Inflammation of the pancreas gland .
- Cholestasis – It is a condition in which the flow of bile from the liver stop or slows .
- Cystic fibrosis – It is a life threatening disorder which damage the Respiratory and digestive system . In that it damage the cell that secrets the mucus by that thick and sticky mucus secret.
- Primary biliary cirrhosis – It known as Primary biliary cholangitis today . It is an autoimmune disease of the liver . Slow progressive destruction of the bile duct of the liver causing bile and other toxins to build up in our liver and also cause cholestasis.
- Crohn’s disease – A chronic inflammatory disease that affect the lining of the digestive system.
- Short bowel syndrome or simply short gut – It is a malabsorption disorder due to non functional activity of Small intestine . Primary symptoms is Diarrhoea and dehydration.
- Nerve and muscle damage that result in loss of feeling in the arm and legs .
- Loss of body movement control.
- Muscle weakness
- Vision problem
- Weakened immune system
Vitamin E work for the physiological process in sperm and due to lack of Vitamin person may face Infertility.